Thursday, July 17, 2008

Last night I felt like another bladder infection was coming on. However in the middle of the night I felt like gravity was taking over and every time I would get up I thought the baby was going to fall right out, I felt like the baby had dropped even more~ I was having pain in my back just like I did when I was in labor with Austin. I was 36 weeks when I had him. I kept thinking, if my contractions get worse I will wake up Trent. Luckily I feel asleep finally. In the morning the cramps were getting worse and all of a sudden my tailbone felt like there was a ton of pressure on it, EXACTLY the way it was with Austin!!! I really thought this might be the start of the real thing. Thanks to my wonderful SIL Gina who came to get me to go to L &D once again. She took my kids and hers to McDonald's while I waited for the news. I was very frustrated because I couldn't sit or lay down because of my tailbone. My contractions were every three minutes apart. The nurse said that I could go home because I wasn't dilated as much. I thought are you nuts?! Fine, what can I take for the pain??? she said Tylenol and to put a heat pack on my back. Um yeah like that is really going to work!! I told her my contractions were getting stronger but she didn't seem to care. I told her I think I also might have a bladder infection, and of course I did! I went home and all day today have been feeling like my body is still in labor or something isn't right! I took one of my Lortab that I had from my last L &D visit and thankfully my tailbone pain settled down but the contractions and cramping in my back still haven't. It makes me wonder if I will have another posterior baby!! Now I am at home just resting and getting all the sleep I can. My cute daughter is "taking care of mommy" she told me she was going to make soup, bring me water, and she rubbed my head and piled blankets on me so I wouldn't get cold. Every time she came in she asked why the blankets were off, I told her it was too hot!!! I don't know if anyone has seen Wall-E but my feet and hands look like the little fat people on the show! Then Hannah made me a letter * she used to put my stamps on the envelope until that got way expensive* so she showed me her drawing of a stamp, much better!

2 comments:

Brea Marie said...

I fell the Saturday before I had DaKoda, so the following Monday I called the nurse and she said to just take Tylenol. Well, Tuesday I was fine, but Wednesday I was in horrible pain again. I called the nurse and she told me to take a really warm shower, take a walk, put some heat on my back and to take some more Tylenol. So I did everything she told me to can when it didn't work, I called her back, and she was all, "Honey, you're in labor!" I felt like I was crying wolf and was going to be sent home, but no, I really was in labor. Funny, huh? Hope things go well for you! Can't wait to hear the news. Good luck! My thoughts are with you a lot lately.

Ashlie said...

You better take it easy! I am glad that Hannah is taking care of you she is a sweetheart!